Reducing memory and attention failures/errors: Understanding Cognitive Load
Date: August, 31st – 1:00 pm (EDT)
Duration: 90 Minutes
Fee: $200 per person
(please indicate if you want to attend as a group)
Speaker: Ginette Collazo, Ph.D.
Human error is known to be the primary cause of quality and production losses in many industries. Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented. Human errors start at the design stage and usually, factors associated with cognitive load are ignored. In science, cognition is the mental processing that includes the attention of working memory, comprehending and producing language, calculating, reasoning, problem-solving, and decision making. This course evaluates cognitive issues that may be the cause of these failures.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
This training would provide tools that can be implemented and used after this event. These include practical tools. We will discuss human error categories, near root causes, and root causes for these events. We will discuss the latest trends in human error issues in the industry.
- Human Error Categories
- Human limitations related to cognition
- Cognitive Load Categories that affect memory, attention, and decision making
- How to prepare the floor assessment
- What to look for when doing the assessment
- How to present results
- How to present recommendations
- Know the definitions of cognitive load factors
- Learn the Human Factors (20% Individual Performance)
- Learn the questions and possible answers
- How to assess the areas
- How to collect the responses
- How to analyze the responses and determine the cognition levels
- How to report the level of risk for Human Errors
- Recommend solutions
WHO WILL BENEFIT
GMP regulated manufacturing facilities including Pharma medical devices, biologics, food and nutrition and any other organization that has employees executing activities in which they can make mistakes (ALL).
- Training managers and coordinators
- Plant engineering
- QA/QC staff
- Process excellence/improvement professionals
- Industrial/process engineers
- Compliance officers
- Regulatory/legislative affairs professionals
- General/corporate counsel
Years of Experience: 23+ years
Areas of Expertise: Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Ten years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida-based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development, and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.
JOIN THE WEBINAR
Subscribe to the webinar “Reducing memory and attention failures/errors: Understanding Cognitive Load” by filling the form below. Please indicate if you want to attend as a group.